Sunday, June 18, 2017

If there's no photo, did it really happen?

My husband and I are on vacation in Ontario (Canada) and it just so happened that we were in Toronto that weekend that Quilt Canada was happening -- that's Canada's biggest show each year. I swear I didn't plan it that way...

Anyway, I was able to enjoy the show AND have a meet-up with three Robineers: Sandra, Anne, and Traceyann.  Sandra has been a part of this group for years -- maybe from the beginning? -- and she corralled the others this year. They all live right in the area and it was great fun to meet the people behind the quilts!  The only trouble is, when I got back to my place I realized none of us had thought to take a picture.

The show itself was also great -- enough modern/contemporary work to keep me happy, and some really beautiful pieces.

Quilt-Con is in California again next year; if any of you are planning to go, we can have our own Cotton Robin get-together.  Keep in touch!

Julie

2 comments:

roccagal said...

yes Julie, it is crazy that none of us remembered a photo!!!!!
We talked too much and were very distracted by quilts and vendors selling quilty things!!!! It was just lovely to spend some time together!

QuiltSwissy said...

Oh, that sounds,like so much fun!