Monday, December 12, 2016

2017 -- it's coming soon!

I have 21 participants so far -- I'll keep things open for another week or two, but be sure to get in touch if you want "in" for 2017 and you're not already on the list at the right side of the blog.

In the meantime, start thinking about your center block. it should be no bigger than 9"x 9" or 8" x 10" and can be smaller if you wish, or some other dimensions as long at it's not more than about 80 square inches, finished size.

As before, please don't use any fabrics that can't be ironed or that will ravel a lot, or will cause problems for sewing/quilting (if you want an exception, contact me -- I've approved one so far.)

Your choice of block and fabric should reflect the sort of quilt you want at the end, although there are no guarantees!

Cheers,

Julie

7 comments:

QuiltSwissy said...

21! Wow! Great group.

Quilting Nonnie said...

I'm in. How do I sign up?

sophie said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
sophie said...

I had a little brainstorm last night for my center block ... I will be ready to send it to you soon :-)

roccagal said...

Alittle while back I had experimented with a technique in an online tutorial,and loved the result,so that's going to be my center! Easy peasy! I am done!

Shannon said...

Hi Julie,

I migrated my blog a while back, would you mind updating the link? I love having the links to the participating people- so wonderful to see what people are doing, but all my new stuff for the last few years is on my new blog.

it's

imworkingonaproject.blogspot.com

Thanks and I'm really looking forward to the robin!
-shannon C

sophie said...

So ... completely changed my mind and went in a very different direction, but finished my block and cut some fabrics and it will all be in the mail to you this week. I am already looking forward to see what the quilters who follow me make from it.