Monday, July 7, 2014

Here it comes -- THE BIG REVEAL!


I'll just start off by saying that quilters are really nice people -- as if you didn't know that! We had two robineers drop out mid-term for various personal reasons, and not only did a whole bunch of you volunteer to "fill in the blanks", but two of you offered to finish up the quilts for those who dropped out. So a big thanks to everyone for making this work!

The reveal was going to be in alphabetical order, but Blogger has a mind of its own, so we'll see what happens.  We're definitely starting at "A", though...

This was Anne's starting block:

and here's the quilt finished by Laurina, and Mary Jane -- a big hand to Mary Jane who quilted two quilts this time around!


 Next up is Carol's center block:


 
and the cheerful quilt made by Julie, Marybeth, and Kate

 

This is Cathy's tasty center:

and the chocolate-y goodness created by Terry, Nan, and Marybeth

 

 Here is Glen's tart beginning:

and the sweet lemonade made by Sophie, Marie and Sandra

 
 This little nuthatch was mine (with some help from Charley Harper...)

and the adorable quilt finished by Sandra, Rachel and Maria

 
 Kate started with this Seven Sisters block:

and the colorful quilt was made by Marie, Vivi and Mary Jane

 

 Here's Laurina's masterful center:

and the quilt made by Julie, Maria and Cathy

 
 This was Liz's bright center:

 and the quilt was made by Maria, Elizabeth, and Sophie  (check out the flowers quilted along the vine...)
 Maria started her quilt with a bear-paw:
and it turned into something wild, made by Vivi, Cathy and Liz

 
 This was Marie's fairly traditional starter block:

that took a turn for the psychedelic in the hands of Mary Jane, Sophie and Rachel

This was Mary Jane's subtle center block:

 and the lovely quilt made by Terry, Sandra and Nan
 Marybeth began with this spring-like block:

 which was charmingly finished by Nan, Kate and Terry

 Here is Nan's bento box center:
 and the quilt finished by Rachel, Julie and Glen (complete with 
lovely 3-dimensional flowers!)
 
 Next up is Rachel's lovely applique:

and the transformation by Kate, Carol and Laurina

 
 Sandra began with a simple tree:


 that was brought to life by Glen, Laurina and Julie

 Here is Sophie's little oak leaf block:

 and the fabulous forect created by Elizabeth, Glen and Marie

Terry started with pink elephants (!)
 and this cute quilt was finished by Cathy, Liz and Carol



 Here is Vivi's stylish rosebud block:

and the fitting finish by Carol, Cathy and Elizabeth

  
This was Kristin's lovely star center:

and the charming finish by Marybeth and Sophie -- kudos to Sophie who also
quilted two projects this time!

 
Last but not least (and totally out of order...) here is Elizabeth's bright beginning:
and the equally bright finish by
Liz, Terry and Vivi

Okay, I've officially run out of adjectives... please let me know if I've gotten any of the names in the wrong places, and thanks again to all of you who jumped in to do a little extra.  We'll have to do this again next year!

Julie

15 comments:

Terry in California said...

What a great way to wake up in the morning! WOW! I could not pick a favotite if I had to. Thanks Julie for the Cotton Robin and all your work. The Big Reveal and the fun making my rounds is a highlight of my quilting year.

QuiltSwissy said...

OHHHH! So wonderful! Everyone did such a great job. Thanks to all who worked on my lemon block. It turned out amazing!

And I was glad to have been able to work on those other blocks. They were challenging and I loved every one!

My quilt group who loves the Cotton Robin met last night and were anxious to see all the results.

Marie Joerger said...

Beautiful!! What a wonderful creative bunch we have here!! Love them all! Thanks so much to Mary Jane, Sophie, and Rachel for working on my quilt! Kate, Glen, and Sophie I hope that you are as happy with yours :)

Can't wait for another round! Count me in :)

rag55 said...

Wow!!!!!! What GREAT finishes!!!! It's unbelievable how different and beautiful they all turned out!!! I can't wait for next time!!!

sophie said...

After looking at all the beautiful quilts we made this year, my first thought was to wonder if our fearless leader will be willing to do it again? Julie, thank you for all you did to make all these beautiful quilts happen.

And thanks to Elizabeth, Glen and Marie for my beautiful quilt. I always enjoy the challenge of working on all the quilts ... getting back a beautiful quilt of my own is a bonus!

judy momenzadeh said...

Beautiful work everyone!

Mary Jane said...

Love them all. Sign up for the next round is when?????

Laurina said...

Thanks so much to Julie, Maria and Cathy for contributing to my little quilt. I will find a place in my house for my three Cotton Robin quilts - I love comparing them and admiring all of the work that has gone into them. Each year it's something completely different and so rewarding.

I really look forward to the next one.

Maria said...

Wow, what beautiful quilts! Mine makes me smile every time I see it hanging on my sewing room wall. Huge thanks to Vivi, Cathy and Liz for their work in making it so wonderful. This was my first Cotton Robin experience and I am inspired by all the work everyone put into these.

The Thimblemouse of Country Crossroads said...

Wow! I'm a friend of Mary Jane and had to take a peek when I saw her FB post...you all did such an AWESOME JOB!!!! What a treat to see the transformations!

Carol E. said...

Wow, that is a beautiful collection of quilts! Great work, everyone!

roccagal said...

great job once again to all the Robineers!!
Also a big thank you to our lovely ring leader Julie!!!

LappVivi said...

This was my first Round Robin. Sometimes I must say that I felt a bit lost when the rounds came. But seeing them all here, I am really pleased and impressed by the ceativity and results of all the quilts. Thank you everyone. Love from Norway.

Elizabeth in Michigan said...

Wow! The finished quilts positively sing. It was so much fun to work on the quilts and good practice in seeing into someone else's dreation and trying to harmonize. And I love my finished quilt; it will go in our guild quilt show next week. Thanks to all the quilters, to Julie for her organizational skills, and to the post office for delighting me with those parcels.

Jay said...

I just saw these!! Kudos to everyone for a great job!!!