Tuesday, April 15, 2014

You are wonderful!

Those of you were around for last year's episode probably remember the quilt that went missing for way too long on the way to New Zealand (I think it was Canada to New Zealand by way of Tierra del Fuego or something...) and the plan to make a replacement that ended up with Jay's plan to make a quilt for me...

Truly, I was expecting a couple of you to pitch in and make a little quilt.  Clearly I underestimated you!

This incredible quilt is about 70" square. It had 11 sets of hands on it and I was completely stunned when I opened the box last night!  I totally love it, and it is going to grace a wall of my office to add much joy and color to my workdays.

Thanks again to Jay, Nan, Laurina, Tami, Sophie, Rachel, Marie, Liz, Mary Jane, Glen and Sandra. You're the best!

Julie

10 comments:

sophie said...

Yay! For those days when riding herd on the bunch of cats in this round robin feels like a thankless task, I'm glad you have this visible reminder that what you do for us is very much appreciated.

QuiltSwissy said...

Oh my, yes! An in credible quilt by some incredible people for an incredible leader!

Marie Joerger said...

I feel lucky to be a part of this creative group. Love how the quilt turned out and glad that you received it as it is a small thank you! for all you do Julie!!

roccagal said...

Like all of the others, I am glad to have played a small part in such a worthwhile project!
It is TOTALLY well merited!
Thanks a bunch Julie!

roccagal said...

ps It is gorgeous!

Jay said...

Well deserved gift from a bunch of very talented ladies! It really is a beauty, isn't it!!! So glad you have it...there were a few times when we were all wondering...where is Julie's quilt now? But it always surfaced and continued its journey...oh, if it could only talk, the tales it could tell!!!

Kate North said...

It looks great, Julie. Sorry I wasn't able to be a part of it; for various reasons it wasn't practical for me. But I watched as it was being built and admired it from afar! You deserve it :)

Terry in California said...

So Spectacular...

Tami @ Lemon Tree Tales said...

It really turned out to be a wonderfully happy quilt. I'm so glad that we were able to make it for you. :-)

Andee said...

This quilt is a beauty!