Friday, May 3, 2013

McGee Ate My Homework!

I am finished doing the hand work on the Cotton Robin piece for this part of the project.  All I have left to do is to hand sew the binding down on the back.  And get it mailed off!  I am sure it will be loved!  Here is a sneak peak.  I can't show the whole thing, so you will have to wait till the big reveal in June or so.


I want you to know how special this is, I don't hand quilt!  

And in the process of making this McGee (my basset posing as a mountain goat)  ate the color skein I was working with so I had to get more from Hobby Lobby.  And try to remember what color it was since I didn't buy the skeins, but rather won them in the birthday raffle a few months ago. I was pretty sure it would not be usable when I got it back, one way or another.

McGee survived, and so did I. And I sure hope the recipient will love it as much as I do!

glen:  sitting in the very cold (42 degree afternoon) in the south of Louisiana
Baton Rouge, LA

3 comments:

sophie said...

Your finish is lovely. I can't wait to see the whole quilt.

Does it make you feel any better to know that it was 25 degrees here this morning?

Terry in California said...

Glen I am so sorry about you having to hand quilt. I have never been in a round robin before. It wasn't until I saw a post from Sophie about embellishments on the final round that it clicked in my brain that my second round really did not allow machine quilting. I am so sorry. I am sure your finish is fantastic!!!!

QuiltSwissy said...

Not a problem, I got it done and it was better!

glen