Monday, February 11, 2013

First border done

I had a good time with this border for several reasons, and I learned some things about myself too.

  1. Although the colors were not my usual palette, I had the ideal fabrics in my stash.
  2. I've been hanging out with some 'modern' quilters lately but there's nothing as satisfying as creating the 'right' thing, even if it is 'traditional'.
  3. I love surprises and can't wait to see what's next.

Here's a photo - the center and the colors have been altered, so I'm not giving anything away.


I'll put this into the mail this week. Mail has been pretty slow to/from New Zealand lately, so I want to make sure it arrives on time (a subtle hint to whoever is sending a block to me for the next border).



1 comment:

travelinggramma said...

Laurina - very nice - and that is with the color changed! I sent my block off and awaiting next one. This is my first swap of this kind and it really stretched me. Totally different color combo that I am used to. Brought it into the quilt store to get some matching fabric and play with it! Made a number of different borders until I settled on THE one! Can't wait to see the final product!