Tuesday, February 26, 2013

Comings and Goings...

The center I received from Julie has the second border on and has been sent off to ------------.

Given the theme of the center block, I added some Flying Geese in bright Batiks and sent the little block on its way. I've attached a picture (suitably doctored with a folded paper towel - way low tech!) of the Geese and the very narrow border I put on for stablilzing the edge. I thought it was just too much to ask that the next "Border Patrol" to deal with the very narrow seam allowance I had left AND the awkwardly loose thread joins... so a narrow border seemed like a good solution, and I calculated the extra width into the total allowed for the first border. Should be arriving next week... hope it isn't too early!

Wednesday I received my next Cotton Robin installment: (the "Block With One Border") in the mail. Bright "Modern" colors are not my usual style, but I do have some Kafe Fassett dots that may do nicely for the second border. I'll have to think on it.

This is so much fun! Thanks Julie.
Nan in Oregon

1 comment: