Thursday, June 14, 2012

Quilts Coming and (Finally) Going

I received a fat envelope in the mail from Andra--I assume it's my quilt coming home, but I haven't opened it yet ... because I haven't yet sent the quilt I am finishing.

Here's an in-progress photo of some of the last quilting stitches. On the left side of the photo, you're seeing the back (with some back art courtesy of one of the previous round-robiners).

The binding is on.  I'll finish stitching it down tonight so I can send it on its way home tomorrow.

I'm very sorry for the delay.  My trip to the ER soon after I arrived in Santa Fe was only the beginning of some health woes.  After waiting a few weeks for my new health insurance (from the new job) to be "in the system," I was waiting for an appointment with the only allergy practice here that is in-network.  It could have been a 2 month wait had there not been a cancellation.  Armed with an arsenal of prescribed drugs, I am at last starting to feel better.  It's funny: the process of getting the job in Santa Fe for the summer and deciding to move here was easy ... but since then, it seems that everything that can go wrong has gone wrong.

5 comments:

Jay said...

Sorry to hear of your problems (I think I recognize something!!!)

Jay said...

I also meant to say...I love Sante Fe and am sure once everything gets settled you will too!! Is this a new location for you or have you been there before?

sophie said...

I don't think you can tell in the photo, but I decided to deconstruct and reconstruct the square you passed on for back art and turned it into long rectangle.

I have visited Santa Fe in the past and always thought I'd love to live here, which is why I jumped at the chance to work here this summer. Now I'm working on a longer-term contract or a permanent job ... so I can stay.

Tami @ Lemon Tree Tales said...

I'm so sorry that you had to visit the ER. Was it all allergy related? My husband has allergies and asthma and occasionally we run into horrible things when traveling. The last bad one was when it was cottonwood season in the Columbia River Gorge area. That coupled with a visit to a friend's house who also has chickens, a cat and a large dog just brought it over the top. Thank goodness for the emergency inhaler that we keep in the RV.

Here's to you feeling better. Enjoy Santa Fe. I've heard that it's a gorgeous city full of art.

sophie said...

I din't know yet if it is all about the allergies, but after years of only tested positive for dust mites, the test results from the skin prick tests said I had mild reactions to all but two things (cockroaches and rats) in the list ... Even my cats.

Yes, Santa Fe is beautiful and full of art and artists and, at the moment cottonwood fluff--that stuff is everywhere and so fine, it even blows through the screens when the windows or door is open ... Then the cats chase it around as it blows around inside be ause to them, everything is a toy.