Monday, April 16, 2012

Sophie's updates

I owe you all a few updates.
  1. The flimsy from Jay is here and this one is a stunner!  I immediately had some quilting design ideas and can't wait to get started, but first ...
  2. I am putting the finishing on the quilt that next goes to Melinda.   This one was a challenge for me, because Andrew's first border is so wonderful that it really could be finished without a third ... but inspiration finally stuck, just when my life got complicated by a new wrinkle ...
  3. I accepted a 4 month job in Santa Fe, New Mexico about a week ago and have since been, as my mother would say, "running around like a chicken with its head cut off" as I look for a place to live and try to anticipate what furniture, kitchen stuff, sewing projects, etc., I need to take with me for the summer.  
I anticipate that I will finish and mail the quilt with my second border from Austin, before I leave for Santa Fe ... but whomever is finishing my quilt will be getting a Santa Fe, NM address update for me ... as soon as I find a place to live.  It seems there are two types of rentals in Santa Fe: short term vacation rentals (that mostly do not allow pets) and long term rentals with a one year lease.  The quest to find a pet-friendly "medium term" rental  pretty much had me in that state of "paralysis by analysis" last week ... and I still don't know where I'm going to be living.  Eek! Cross your fingers for me.

1 comment:

Jay said...

Glad to hear you got the flimsy...I t was fun to work on! I really liked the results too!