I finally finished up and will be sending my quilt#1 onto Julie tomorrow.
Although I initially planned for 4 borders and more symmetry, after I added three, it seemed "just right.
I added a foundation pieced border (shown here in Black and White--I promise there is enough contrast in real life colors):
And I added an itty bitty checkerboard border, pieced in a traditional way, made from 1/2 inch (finished size) squares:
The third border is liberated style, improvisationally pieced words ... which I am not going to share because–even in black and white--it would be too telling ;-)
I'm sorry for the delay, Julie. I will send you an email after I drop it off at the post office to confirm that it's on the way.