Friday, January 27, 2012

A Funny Thing Happened ...

A funny thing happened when I opened my package.  I pulled the block out.  I had especially liked it when Julie posted the photos of our blocks and was excited to have received it.  I IMMEDIATELY knew what kind of borders I wanted to add and started thinking about how soon I could begin . . . until I pulled out the slip that Julie added with the preferences.  Guess who explicitly does NOT want the very thing I thought would be PERFECT?

Of course the moral of my story is to BE SURE to RE-read the preferences ;-)

I aspired to make a block that could fit into multiple styles of quilts  ...  the person who made the block in my hands now DEFINITELY accomplished that goal--kudos to you, whomever you are!

1 comment:

The Calico Cat said...

If it helps, I don't remember my preferences, but I am pretty sure that I'll be happy with "any" piecing/applique. (I thinnk my only preferences had to do with colors & I doubt that you would add to mine those that I don't like...)